Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Visit from Mimi

Dear Savannah,

A few weeks have passed since I last sat down to update you with our life.  We had a great visit with Mimi. We explored Salem, Portsmouth, NH and Kittery, ME. We did a lot of shopping. Mimi bought you a lot of new school clothes. It was great to have her here with us. I really needed her, just as I know you will always need me. We never outgrow our mommies.
Mimi  & Savannah
Beautiful Ladies

Mimi has always been a role model for me. She is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. I have learned a lot from her over the years, most important, motherhood. She has taught me so much about being a mother and she has helped me face my challenges throughout my life. She has been a crucial support system over the past few years, shedding tears over the phone when she could not be here to support me physically, she has always been here for me emotionally. I will always be here for you too, sweet Savannah. You have taught our family so much more than you will ever know. I am a better person because of you.

After I dropped Mimi at the airpot, I dropped you at school, for FIVE hours. I wasn't sure what to do with myself because I was on vacation at work.  For the first time, in over three years, I walked into a empty house and it was weird. Thankfully, Kate you therapist from EI called on my way back and dropped by for a short visit. It was nice to see her. After she left, I debated, pick Savannah up before lunch, or go get a pedicure. Surprisingly, I left you at school and decided to get a pedicure. It was good for me to try and get in this routine. It i , however, very weird to look in my mirror to an empty car seat. We were both happy to see each other a pickup. As much as I miss you, I have a huge sense of pride(a little sadness too) to say my daughter goes to school.
Kate and you on your last EI day.

Unfortunately, you have been exposed to new germs and you have been sick for the past week. Finally, you are smiling again and feeling better. You even thought you would share this set of germs with Mommy and Daddy. Better us than you and better me than Daddy because he is a Type 1 diabetic and it is harder on his immune system than mine. I do think you will be up for school Tuesday, as you begin the summer session.

We went to the pool and the beach this last week. Like Mommy, you only like warm water and don't care for the cold salty Atlantic ocean. I put your feet in and you quickly removed them. It was a great opportunity to put you in my favorite new bathing suit. I call you my country bumpkin when you are wearing it. Red gingham and ruffles is all Kansas in my mind. I love it and I love you to the moon and back...
My Country Bumpkin




Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment