Sunday, June 8, 2014

At three, you can...

Dear Savannah,

At three years, you amaze me more everyday. Your determination is like nothing I have ever known. It is true, you are working hard at doing things that come easy to most of your peers. However, your progress is slow and steady and I am very proud of the things you can do.

You are still very much like an infant in some ways. You are getting stronger and stronger, but still need extra love. Mealtime is an example. You do a fabulous job eating, however, I cut up all your food into bite size pieces and place each and everyone in your mouth. I don't mind helping you at all, it just takes time. Lately, I have been making ribs and you love them. My little Boston bean showing preference to my Kansas roots. I love it.
Cute Romper 

Sometimes, on the weekends mainly, I feel overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with how to be a good mommy and how to keep up with our home. I admire those who can do both. Often, I wish I was obsessive about cleaning, better yet, if Daddy had the clean gene. Well, we don't. It's ok. We don't live dirty, we just need to hire a cleaner and someone who will help us donate things that take up space. I think this is just life, but I often see picture perfect homes with children living in them and I often wonder, how?

In case you are wondering, at three, you are rolling all the time, lifting your head up more and more. You can sit independent for an average of ten seconds, but I have counted up to thirty. You still need hello with feeding but you eat like a grown man. You drink from a bottle most often, bit tolerate a nosy cup too I hope you will learn how to drink from a straw, but at this point , you don't understand a straw and you wan immediate gratification so I most often give you a bottle of coconut milk. You tolerate your stander for two or more hours a day, atleast when time allows.  You are standing with assistance almost every chance you get. I even see this when trying to put you down on the floor, in your car seat, your stroller, and the newest, your swing. It makes my heart smile to see this. It is amazing. You are a whopping 22.1 lbs and 33 inches of pure beauty!!
Rolling of the blanket

Over the past month or so, we have seen some "behavior" in the tub that we have been concerned about. It seems as if your body loses control. You are alert so we are convinced that you are not having a seizure. It's just not you. You have always loved the water.

Speaking of your tubby, I still give you a bath every night. By that I mean, I hop I. The tub and hold you so you can sit. You love to kick and splash. We encourage you to splash outside the tub, probably something most parents don't encourage but we know you are having fun and gaining strength. It's a little PT, OT, and aqua therapy all in one. Last night, you covered your daddy with water, along with our floor. Good job, sweet pea!!

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment