Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Low Vision Clinic

Dear Savannah,

Today was our first day back to work following a very long weekend. The B's took the kiddos skiing for a long weekend and we had three extra days to spend at home together. I only wish the weather was a bit nicer so we could be outside. The snow has been too much and too often this year. I am craving spring weather.

This weekend, I worked on a new project that I hope raises funds for hydrocephalus. I started making bows to sell, all proceeds to hydrocephalus research. It is very important to me to do something I can, to honor you. It is hard asking people to donate money so I thought I would approach things different this year. I am still working out the kinks, but I have several bows ready to go.

Today, we had an appointment at the low vision clinic at Perkins. I like this test. Dr. Kran is very knowledgeable about CVI and he allowed appropriate wait times for you to use your vision. We did have to dim all the lights and lie you on the floor and use light up toys but you did well. Your vision is below your age range, however, it continues to improve. You are doing a great job and I am proud of you, He gave me some good advice and seemed very pleased with your progress in the last fifteen months. Way to go big girl!!

Speaking of big girl, you sure like to stand for brief periods these days. In the last six months, you have shown interest. Before, every time I tried to get you to bear weight, your legs would turn "frog like" on me. You had zero interest. Now, you seem to really enjoy being upright. I know your stander is helping. We try our best to get in two hours a day, usually in one hour increments.  Some days, like today, we are just too busy. You are such an awesome kid. I love you sweet pea.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment