Saturday, February 8, 2014

A fun filled snow day

Dear Savannah,

   Just as the ground was almost bare, we were hit with another snow storm. The good thing was that we had a snow day and stayed at home. I wanted to make the day special for you. Last February, we had a major snow storm around the same time. It was really your first time outside exploring the  snow and Mommy took the opportunity to use all this cold, white, fluffy snow for a valentine photo shoot. This year, we did things a bit different and you experienced some new firsts.



   We started the day around 9:30am. Yes, you slept in and it was wonderful. While you were sleeping, I found a new recipe for pancakes because you love them so much. I think it is the maple syrup:) After breakfast, I bundled you up and we headed outdoors before Daddy had to start plowing our driveway.

   Last year, we were given a really cool sled, one you can push and pull. I adapted it the best I could to keep you upright and then, you were given your first ride in the snow. The snow was wet and falling pretty hard. You had snowflakes landing on your long lashes. You were smiling and very happy. We went on our street where the snow was not as high and you loved when Daddy was pushing you down the street. You are an adventurous little bundle. After about fifteen minutes, we put you in the snow and Daddy helped you make a snow angel and mommy took lots of photos. Then we headed inside and Daddy started a long day of snow removal.

   I decide to treat you to snow ice cream topped with purple sprinkles. It took you a minute to adjust to something cold, but once you did, you loved it. I have to say, it was pretty good. It consisted of a mixture of snow, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla. Of course you also needed to experience another first so I gave you a little Godiva hot cocoa, or should I say warm cocoa. I put this in your bottle for you. When you are bigger, I will buy a special hot cocoa mug, just for you. I promise.

   We spent the rest of the day inside relaxing and playing. Of course, I managed to sneak in two hours of standing too. We had a really fun day, just the three of us. I look forward to many more new adventures with you. It is so fun being your mommy. I love you sweet pea!

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment