Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Dear Savannah,

First and foremost, thank you for giving me the best job on the planet, motherhood. I have learned so much about life in the past three years. You, my love, are my tiniest teacher. My live for you continues to grow and grow and grow, just like you. Thank you Savannah, for being my daughter. You are truly wonderful.

We spent the weekend together as a family. Daddy had the weekend off, so I had a chance to catch up on some household organizing. It's not much fun, but I love when our house feels cleaned and organized. We invited Nana over for dinner last night and Daddy cooked his yummy Mac and cheese and grilled a pork tenderloin. We still watch in amazement as you eat and wonder where you put it. :)
After all, you were weighed in at a whopping 22.6 lbs this week. I assure them that you don't gain because you are constantly moving and it has nothing to do with the amount of food you consume daily.

Today, after your twenty minute nap, we took a walk through town. So many families and mommies were out with their strollers. The weather was perfect today. We stopped for a treat and found and sat in the grassy field by the wharf. Our perfect day ended with ice cream and again, I could barely get a bite. Maybe it's time that we buy you your own.
Sitting like a big girl

Snuggles on the wharf

Daddy, because we love him too.

Mother's Day is about celebrating your mom and I wish we could have spent the day with Mimi. She is an incredible role model to me. She is compassionate and understanding. She has been a very good Mimi to you, she spoils you. I couldn't help but think how she must miss her own mom, Grandmother Dian.  It also made me think of all the mommies who have lost their babies.  Baby Mason in particular. Makes my heart ache for all of them. Life is truly precious.

Thank you again Savannah for giving me the most important role in life. I adore you and I love you fiercely. You have opened my eyes to a world I never knew and I feel that I am a better person because of you. I will continue to grow and learn more along our journey. I love you to the moon and back.

Love,  Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment