Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cutest Little Bunny

Dear Savannah,

This past weekend was Easter. You had a visit from the Easter Bunny who brought you many fun things. We celebrated by going to church and a dinner with family. A few weeks ago, we had a little photo shoot of the cutest bunny ever. Here are a few of my favorites.
Our Easter Card Photo 2014






Easter 2013

I can't believe in one short month, you will be three. Days have gone by way to fast since you entered the world. I wish I could pause our life right now. We only have about three sessions left with each of your therapists and that makes me really sad. I know we will get through it, but I sure do love each and everyone for giving our family love and support over the last three years.

I have started to search for new gift ideas for your birthday. This is always very challenging for me. We have so many great toys for your development of vision and fine motor. I need to make a list for other parents. I feel as if you are starting to out grow some, but not all, of your infant toys and you need a bit more of a challenge. I love how much you are reaching and activating some of your toys now. You are becoming more and more accurate, peeking, and then finding your toys. I love watching your development. It is nothing I have ever know before you were born.

Speaking of development, we received our Upsee in the mail last Thursday. Savannah, you walked with me and it was amazing. I have watched the video countless times and I'm so happy that the Upsee enables you to be upright, taking steps, and learn a gait pattern. It's amazing! We also danced, different from me holding you while I was dancing. It felt amazing. You seemed to enjoy dancing too. We will master walking at some point. I think you will be the girl who walks before you crawl because your upper body is much weaker than your lower body. You make your own rules. I have learned this about you by now. I wait patiently cheering you on.

Yesterday, you had OT with Holly. She thinks you are doing wonderful. You did some nice reaching and Holly showed me a new way to encourage you to use your left hand more while standing. It is not as much fun for you because you are positioned at an angle so you can only reach your toys with your left hand. It's not going to be your favorite. You also demonstrated the strength in your legs as you went from sitting on the floor, to a standing position, a very impressive skill. You love standing. Just six months ago, you had very little interest.

Our life is changing a lot right now. A lot of uncertainty about schooling, but we will figure it out. One thing that will always remain the same, I will always be your mommy. I love you sweet Savannah Mae.

Love, Mommy
By the way, this picture was on wonderbaby.org for a shirt giveaway
from the stitchwench.com. Pretty impressive Savannah Mae!

No comments:

Post a Comment