Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Therapists are like family

Dear Savannah,

Every night, I put you to bed and within thirty minutes, you are awake. Night after night after night.  Tonight was not an exception. I turned on the monitor at just the right moment. You were giggling. I wonder if you think this is a fun game? I really don't mind, it just disturbs the sleep you need. Maybe you are excited about your birthday?
Awake and happy about it:)




This past Friday, we started to say goodbye to the life we are so comfortable living. Therapy is ending, tomorrow. We had our last visit with Arielle on Friday and Holly and Mary today. I have been extremely emotional with this change. I know I will miss them. I am worried about how it will make you feel. You have been receiving therapy in our home ever since you were three months old. Our therapists are family to us.
Arielle, your SLP

You have been a little rock star lately. Last Friday, you sat independent for near thirty seconds. That's huge! You have been looking for your food when we feed you by turning to locate your spoon. You love to stand with support and even protest me putting you in your stroller, car seat, or on the floor, by standing. You are also quite content lifting your head while on your tummy. You are such an awesome little girl and Mommy is really proud. I think it is your way of pleading for your therapists to stay in your life because you are using the skills you have worked so hard at achieving. I will stay in touch with all of them, don't worry. We still send our NICU nurses updates and photos.
Head Lifts

Sitting, with a little help.

I am waiting on some flowers to finish your birthday shirt and hat. I can't wait. I also need to make cupcakes for group. Another very busy week. I love you sweet Savannah Mae.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment