Sunday, May 13, 2012

My 1st Mother's Day

Dear Savannah,

   Today is Mother's Day. Parenting is tough work and all mommies deserve a day of appreciation. Now, I know you didn't say how much you appreciate me, but I also understand you are not capable of doing this yet. I do not know an eleven month old that can do this. You showed me in other ways that you really do appreciate me.

You slept in until 9:00am, granted you didn't go to sleep until 12am, but we had an exciting night with a visit from the local fire department because our alarms like to go off. This time it took three firefighters and Daddy before the problem was fixed. It is either a faulty electrical problem or we need one new alarm. Hopefully, we figure this out soon!!

You have been extra snuggly today. Usually you are a little wiggle worm and won't sit still. Today, you snuggled into my shoulder on multiple occasions. I LOVE when you do this. Please keep snuggling with Mommy.

You also found you voice on Friday and have been a chatterbox ever since. You are not saying any real words, but you have a new sound and seem to enjoy listening to yourself. This is great progress and I can't wait for your therapists to see you this week. I also can't wait to see our family. One of my favorite things to do is show you off. I am so proud to all you my little girl.

I know you love me and appreciate me. Maybe sometimes I can annoy you when I run my fingers through your hair while you sleep or when I use my high pitch voice to try and make you smile. I have good intentions Savannah. I have never loved anything more than I love you!! I am so blessed that God chose me to be your mommy!! I love you, angel.

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Aww. Tears to my eyes. Only a few minutes left to wish you Happy First Mother's Day again! We can't wait to see you guys. Savannah is so lucky to have you as her mother. I am lucky to have you as a sister and her as my niece. Tell her thanks for my "Ant" card, it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete