Thursday, October 4, 2012

A rainy success

Dear, Savannah,

   This past Sunday was the 5th annual Hydrocephalus Walk in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Despite the rainy chilled weather, 250 came out to walk. Team Savannah Smiles had nine members honoring you sweet baby girl:) It makes me want to be a part of something bigger to help all families who are affected by hydrocephalus.


   Of the 250 walkers, twenty, including you live with hydrocephalus. It was great to see so many support systems, including my dear team. Papa Don, Uncle T, and Aunt Lindy also showed support by sending Mommy texts telling me they were proud and anxiously awaiting pictures from our walk. It was a special day . I only had hoped for better weather so we would have been able to connect with more families and to share stories with each other. We raised more than $3500 as a team. All that money is to show support for you Savannah Mae. The grand total will come next month when donations are no longer collected and I will be happy to share the amount:)

I am looking forward to the weekend and spending time with you and Daddy. We are planning on taking you downtown tomorrow for the haunted happening festivities, aka trick or treat with the mayor. It should be a fun weekend!!

I love you, lovebug.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment