Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Welcoming October...

Dear Savannah,

I'll admit, I love October. However, this past September was filled with appointments and I am so glad it is over. We had eight appointments, some routine follow-up, some new.

This past week was really tough. You were sedated for the first time since your surgery in June of 2011. You had full brain imaging and a lumbar puncture. It was awful and longer than expected. It was supposed to last for about 90 minutes and lasted for about 135 minutes. You developed stridor, again, so the time apart from me was about four hours. It was rough. Not to mention you have your mommies poor veins and it took them about six attempts before an IV was placed. Your poor fragile but resilient  body has more bruises than I would ever like to see. I say all this, but, I am truly thankful that your results are steady and the glucose in you spinal fluid is normal.

Next week, we will be going in for a 24 hour EEG because we are concerned that you might be having seizures. You have these staring spells followed by some spastic movements and then you cry. It's very predictable once this behavior starts. I pray that this is not the case. Mid October, we meet with a pediatric surgeon to discuss your hernia.

On a lighter note, we had your Hydrocephalus walk in September and that was a lot of fun. Our team grew with more family members. Lydia, Kelli, Daddy, and I have been walking for three years in a row. We continue to support the hydrocephalus association and we raised over $2000.
Mommy's little girl!!

Daddy's Little girl

Team Savannah Smiles


Kelli and Lydia

We also went to a pumpkin patch with Hannah over the weekend. I sure love her mommy. I can relate to her on so many levels and you girls make a very cute duo, Hannah and Savannah.
Hi!!

Hannah and Savannah

Savannah, you are so brave and so inspiring to me. I am so blessed to be your momma.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment